Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Email Where...Not Much Happened

Hola familia y amigos!

It's been a real quick week, and yet not much has happened during it. Basically a lot of Spanish study, investigator teaching, and cereal. Seriously, I cannot get over this food.

Since it's been slow, I'll share my most embarrassing story so far. So it was my first investigator lesson, all in Spanish, on my third day here. Recipe for disaster, We were teaching about the importance of prayer, and I felt inspired to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon, in the book of Enos. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't remember exactly what verse was about prayer, and it was all in Spanish, and my reading comprehension in Spanish was horrible at the time. So yeah. I meant to share this:

3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.
4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.
6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.
7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?
8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ,whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.

And I accidentally shared this:

20 And I bear record that the people of Nephi did seek diligently to restore the Lamanites unto the true faith in God. But our labors were vain; their hatred was fixed, and they were led by their evil nature that they became wild,and ferocious, and a blood-thirsty people, full of idolatry and filthiness; feeding upon beasts of prey; dwelling in tents, and wandering about in the wilderness with a short skin girdle about their loins and their heads shaven; and their skill was in the bow, and in the cimeter, and the ax. And many of them did eat nothing save it was raw meat;and they were continually seeking to destroy us.

I could tell something was wrong after he had read, and he got this weird look on his face, almost like he was trying to hold laughter back. After the lesson we went back and checked the scripture in English and we had a nice long laugh at my expense. It was embarrassing, but it was my first lesson, so not a huge deal. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets haha.

On Tuesday the MTC had the chance to hear from Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He gave a great talk about the plan of salvation, and how wonderful the news it that there is plan for us, and that it extends before and after our time on earth. It is wonderful that families can be sealed for time and all eternity, which is a message that is so special to our church. It was also cool to hear that the other 14 MTCs were either watching live or on tape delay.

The other 14 are as follows:

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Santiago, Chile
Bogota, Columbia
Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic
Preston,England
Acera, Ghana
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Mexico City, Mexico
Auddand, New Zealand
Lima, Peru
Manila, Philippines
Johannesburg, South Africa
Madrid, Spain

It would be so sick to travel to each one of the MTCs after my mission. Definitely a travel goal.

It is amazing to see the gospel being taught all around the world, and I know that it's message, centered around Jesus Christ, is true. We all make mistakes, and have our problems, but through Christ and His atonement and Resurrection, we can change ourselves, no matter what.

Elder Ball's MTC Branch. He's looking good in the center in his gray suit and flashy blue tie.


I love you all! Please keep writing to me and enjoy your September!

--
Elder Ball
mormon.org


No comments:

Post a Comment